Schedule now:
(612) 249-3656

What is a Chemical Health Assessment?

A Chemical Health Assessment is a diagnostic tool used to assess alcohol and drug problems. This requires a one-on-one interview with a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor – speak to one now: (612) 249-3656.

What is the difference between a Rule 25 and Chemical Health Assessment?

A Rule 25 (also known as a “Rule 25 Assessment”) is governed by Minnesota statutes. Whereas a Chemical Health Assessment is a broader term and are conducted around the United States. Oftentimes, Chemical Health Assessors utilize the Rule 25 screening tool during the Assessment because this screening tool used to be placed into alcohol and drug treatment programs around the state of Minnesota.

What are my rights?

  • You have the right to a client-centered assessment, where your input is valued and utilized.
  • No treatments are mandatory. You are autonomous and serve as the ultimate authority over your own health care.
  • You have the right to a non-biased Chemical Health Assessment.
  • You have the right to your recommendation being presented to you in a prompt manner.
  • You have the right to a second opinion.
  • How do I schedule?

    To schedule a private Chemical Health Assessment through Avitity, call: (612) 249-3656. Our assessor is a Harvard graduate and spent years studying and researching addictive disorders. He is an experienced Rule 25 assessor and expert in addiction treatment and can work with you to determine if a problem exists and your best treatment options when appropriate.

    What are the components?

    • A diagnostic test
    • Review of medical, legal (such as DWI or DUIs), mental health and treatment records
    • A physical health screening
    • A mental health screening
    • Interviews with other people in the person's life
    • Evaluating the need for detox services

    Who needs a Chemical Health Assessment?

    In MN, anyone can request a Chemical Health Assessment for him or herself or for another person. Additionally, Chemical Health Assessments are sometimes court-ordered by judges.

    Where can I refer someone for treatment or to get help?

    Connect with a Licensed Alcohol and Drug counselor who will guide you through this process, call Michael now: (612) 249-3656.