Schedule now:
(612) 249-3656

What is a Chemical Dependency Evaluation?

A Chemical Dependency Evaluation is an interview to evaluate the extent of alcohol and drug problems. This requires an typically done with a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor.

What is the difference between a Rule 25 and Chemical Dependency Evaluation?

A Rule 25 (also known as a “Rule 25 Assessment”) is governed by Minnesota statutes. Whereas a Chemical Dependency Evaluation is a broader term and are conducted inside and outside the state of Minnesota. Oftentimes, Chemical Dependency Evaluators utilize the Rule 25 “form” during the Chemical Dependency Evaluation because this completed form is needed to be admitted into Minnesota alcohol/drug treatment programs.

What are my rights?

  • You have the right to a non-biased Chemical Dependency Evaluation. You should never feel pressured into any particular treatment program.
  • You have the right to a client-centered assessment, where your input is valued and utilized.
  • No treatments are mandatory. You are autonomous and serve as the ultimate authority over your own health care.
  • You have the right to have your assessment scheduled and completed promptly.
  • You have the right to a second opinion.

How do I schedule?

To schedule a private Chemical Dependency Evaluation through Avitity, call: (612) 249-3656. Our assessor is a Harvard graduate and spent years studying and researching addictive disorders. He is an experienced Rule 25 / Chemical Dependency Evaluator and an expert in determining if there is a problem, the extent of that problem, and the best available solutions for your unique situation.

What are the components?

  • A diagnostic test
  • Review of medical, legal, mental health and treatment records (such as DWI / DUI charges)
  • A physical health screening
  • A mental health screening
  • Evaluating the need for detox services
  • Interviews with other people in the person's life

Who needs a Chemical Dependency Evaluation?

In MN, anyone can request a Chemical Dependency Evaluation for him or herself - or for another person. Additionally, Chemical Dependency Evaluations are often ordered by courts, judges, probation officers, and community corrections. Completing a Chemical Dependency Evaluation is the first step to determine if you are a loved one has an alcohol or drug problem and the best treatment for your unique situation.

Where can I refer someone for treatment or to get help?

The first step in to connect with a Licensed Alcohol and Drug counselor who will guide you through this process, call Michael: (612) 249-3656.